Saturday, November 15, 2014

|| L o c a l . I s . T h e . N e w . B l a c k || Thanksgiving Invitations

 
Thanksgiving Invitations
 
 This Thanksgiving will be our first holiday in our new home.  I am slightly excited to say the least!  What better way to share our first holiday than bringing both sides of our families together.  To kick off the Thanksgiving preparation, I turned to a few vendors with amazing handmade and original products to create a unique invitation to send out to our families.
 


I enjoyed putting this invitation together so much that I wanted to share my findings with you.  It isn't too late to get yours out!  These invitations aren't just for Thanksgiving with family, but you can also create them for a unique Friendsgiving with friends that you call your family.
 


I found our invitations searching through Etsy.  Aren't familiar?  One click and you will be in handmade, custom, and unique gifting heaven. 
 
After much debate, I picked this invitation by Sweet Bee Design.  Tori was amazing to work with and offers so much more than holiday cards/invitations.  After purchasing the digital file, emailing her my custom information, I had my proof back in less than 24 hours.  Within a day of purchasing my file, I was already at Staples printing my custom invitations.
 
You can also find Sweet Bee Design on Facebook.
 
 
After printing the custom invitations, it was then time for my favorite part: decorating, I mean addressing,  the envelopes.  Being new homeowners I was thrilled to purchase an address stamp that will take us through the next couple of years of sending handwritten mail.  Yes, there is still such a thing in my household.
 
This beautiful, handcrafted stamp came all the way from Hawaii.  I also found this address stamp through Etsy by an amazing shop called foryoo.  This shop will also send you a proof of the stamp, and once confirmed, your custom stamp is created and shipped to you.  Coming from Hawaii it can take up to two weeks to receive. 
 
Foryoo is also on Facebook.
 
 
 
Addressing the envelopes to our loved ones was a thrill to write!  I wanted something eye catching, unique, and creative so that it made our family members smile when they received the invitation in the mail.  Need more ideas past this one?  Pinterest has boards dedicated to addressing envelopes in unique ways or simply tap into your creative side.
 
 
 
My final touch was a postage stamp with some fall flair.  I loved these stamps that I got at my local post office.  You can also get them online.  If you want even more options for fall stamps, you can check out the unique postage stamps available on Zazzle.
 
By creating custom invitations, it creates a unique twist on throwing a party, a get together, a celebration, and special announcements.  This is something you can also do with the upcoming Christmas and New Year season! 

1 comment: