Tuesday, November 18, 2014

|| L o c a l . I s . T h e . N e w . B l a c k || October Meet + Make

 
October Meet + Make with Sarah Hearts
 


A wonderful experience of crafting with fabulous ladies, chatting with an amazing host, and leaving with a drool worthy door mat has left me excited for what is to come next for Sarah Hearts and her wonderful Meet + Make events at West Elm Orlando.




 
Sarah hosted one of her best Meet + Make events to date.   With over 50 attendees equally excited, there was chatter in all corners, paint was being applied in beautiful patterns on door mats, spiked cider and lovely desserts were being passed around, and the beautiful products of West Elm that surrounded us made it a fabulous evening.   

 



I love attending Sarah's events not just for the crafting aspect, but meeting amazing people in the Orlando area.  If you are new to Orlando this is a wonderful way to meet others, make connections, and have fun while crafting.  All you simply have to do is purchase your ticket, show up, all the supplies are there for you ready to go, and all you have to do is be a little creative and have a blast! 





As Meet + Make is coming to an end, you are then handed an amazing swag bag that you see pictured at the beginning of this blog post.  Inside this swag bag you have sponsors (some that are even local) that have sprinkled and donated some of their handmade products.  Talk about being exposed to supporting locals, small businesses, and items made in the US!  Sarah gave me the wonderful opportunity to be a sponsor myself at this Meet + Make.  Here is a detailed view into my swag bag:



1. Pen and Paper Flowers: PNP Flowers provided an adorable polka dotted key chain that stated "Her dreams give her goosebumps".  A constant reminder to dream big!  I had the opportunity to meet Jessica (the gal behind PNP Flowers) at a previous Meet + Make and she was a wonderful individual to get to know and craft with!

2. Modernly Mae:  These flowers made out of felt and placed on wire stems are adorable! I currently have them on my fireplace mantle for fall.  I plan to order more to add to my vase because they are simply too fun not to have more!

3. Bright Light Paper: I can't get over these adorable fall cards!  Not only are they perfect to spread fall cheer, but they are hand drawn and painted by watercolor.  Time to send someone some snail mail!  Added bonus? Elizabeth (another one) was in attendance.  I got to meet this local with a wonderful business that also sponsored the Meet + Make.  How can you go wrong with two Elizabeth's at one event?

4. Thatch and Thistle: I. Can't. Get. Over. This. Company!!  Thatch and Thistle provided these geo triangle kraft stickers.  Their online shop offers supplies for beautiful packaging, wrapping, gift giving, and for your unique party supply needs.  I have a slight addiction to their products.

5. The Bannerie:  Oh my, oh my, oh my! How I LOVE this gold, glittery 'Fall Y'all' banner!  It is the perfect addition for my fall décor.  I already have an ongoing list of additional gold and glittery banners I need in my life for upcoming events.  Check this shop out!

6.  Sarah Hearts: Sarah provided these adorable stickers in the swag bag, but more importantly allowed this amazing event to happen!  Her blog is full of inspiration for many facets of your life, many DIY projects, and even designs a monthly wallpaper for your computer and phone!

7. Lima Green Designs: I was thrilled to sponsor another Meet + Make event.  These are my fall themed mini clothespins that are perfect for attaching tags to gifts, hanging pictures on twine, or even keeping your napkins closed at your holiday feast. 

Sarah, thank you for another great event at West Elm.  I am looking forward to another great event in December!
 
 
Now is your opportunity to join in on the fun!  There is probably already a waiting list, but get on it!  Sarah opened the sale of her tickets for her next
Meet + Make in December today.   Jump on this opportunity!
 


4 comments:

  1. Did you get your ticket? It was sold out as of this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great recap!! Was so fun meeting you finally! Elizabeth's unite! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such an amazing recap Liz! Loving all your photos and great attention to detail. Cannot wait to see you at the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, I did! Did you get one or get on the waiting list??

    Bright Light Paper. . . Thank you! Right back at ya. We need to get together soon!

    Sarah, thank you for taking the time to read and share. See you in December!

    ReplyDelete