Thursday, October 30, 2014

|| D o . I t. Y o u r s e l f || Halloween Costume

 
 
I recently had the best time this past week with my family coming to Orlando to enjoy Disney for a few days.  What I wasn't prepared for was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom.  This involved trick-or-treating among your favorite Disney characters and my little brother (21 years between us) begging me to dress up with him.
 
That is when I threw together a quick, last minute Halloween costume that can also be inexpensive if you already have some of these basic items! I went with a black cat simply because I already had a lot of black clothing!
 
Here is what you will need:
 
 
1. Grab a pair of black gym shorts if you aren't comfortable wearing only leggings.
2. I found cat ears at Target for about $5.  Although these are not the ones I wore (they aren't available online), these are adorable also.
3. and 7. You will need two spools of black tulle and black ribbon (if you want it to blend) to make your tulle skirt.  Here is an awesome tutorial that I used to make my skirt by The Hair Bow Company Blog : DIY Tulle Skirt .  **Tip: I cut my tulle in 24 inch strips to make the shorter tutu.
4.  Black Leggings: You may already have some but if not I bought mine at Target .  (Can you tell I love Target!?)
5.  I did not paint a cutesy black nose and whiskers on my face this night due to water rides, but I did find this make-up paint in the dollar section at target for future use. 
6.  Lastly, grab a black shirt, tank top, or long sleeved shirt to complete the look.  I found my tank top in my closet.  I also loved the look of this V-neck tee.  Keep it simple!
 


 
 
 I hope this helps for a last minute costume!
Happy Haunting!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment