Monday, October 20, 2014

|| L o c a l. I s. T h e. N e w. B l a c k || West Elm



I discovered West Elm a few years ago and quickly swooned over their eclectic mix of home décor and furniture that made them unique for households everywhere.  It has become a staple for my home and my number one go to place for my household needs. 

Being an artisan and an individual that loves to support locals, I was thrilled when I found out that West Elm supports artisans and even hosts events for local artisans to mix and mingle. 

I discovered this upon moving to Orlando, FL and wanting to get out and meet people.  A fabulous blogger, Sarah Hearts, posted on social media about hosting a Meet & Make at the local West Elm here in Orlando.  I dove in head first and a month later met 55 other fabulous women and creatives that crafted the night away. 


Image Via: Sarah Hearts Blog

You can check out my first event here that Sarah hosted: December 2013 Meet + Make
 
 
 
You might say that combining Sarah Hearts, West Elm, artisans gathering socially, and creating a treasure to take home, made me come back again and again.  And that is exactly what I did.  Just take a look thanks to Sarah Hearts!
 
 
Image Via: Sarah Hearts Blog
You can find me in the pink shirt!
 
 
June 2014 Meet + Make: Summer Edition  -- This event was extra special!  Lima Green Designs was one of the sponsors in the swag bag by providing a sunglasses case for each attendee. What a wonderful experience!



This Thursday will be another fabulous Meet + Make hosted by Sarah HeartsLima Green Designs will be sponsoring again while mixing and mingling with fellow crafters. 

West Elm is a wonderful company that offers many opportunities to local businesses!  Lima Green Designs will be a part of a Holiday Shop this coming December (more on that soon) and West Elm Orlando LOVES local makers if you couldn't already tell.

They will soon be announcing the winner of a $25,000 grant offered to a small local business.  West Elm wants to see local businesses grow from the ground up! 


If you have not attended an event at your nearby West Elm, it is time to check their calendar and start supporting, start getting involved!  They are all unique and wonderful experiences that West Elm offers to locals.  Time to start creating, meeting, and making!



2 comments: