Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lovely Handmade Abode


The boredom of looking at white walls, the temptation to paint the walls, the lack of smell of your own freshly cut lawn, and ordering a custom address stamp that lasts less than a year due to moving again finally came to an end June 30th, 2014!

Since then I am finding joy in painting walls according to our taste, my husband loves cutting the grass (still in the grass cutting honeymoon period), and I have ordered a custom address stamp that will last years to come! We are finally homeowners in a city and state that we have fallen in love with.  It only took 3 states, 5 cities, and 7 apartments later in 5 years to finally settle us down. . . at least for now!

We bought our home right outside of gorgeous Orlando, Florida. Orlando is a city we have fallen head over heels for with the people, sights, and culture. 

This brings me to this blog post.  Being a lover of crafting and DIY projects (especially within our home now), I am going to have a weekly post on the many projects we are constructing and creating within our home.  I would love to share my passion with you and welcome you into our home!  These posts will fall under the category: Lovely Handmade Abode.  The watercolor picture with #lovelyhandmadeabode at the beginning of this blog post is a sneak peek of the outside of our home.


Beyond all of the hundreds of paint chips and samples brought home, rooms re-painted a week later due to the not so pleasant shades appearing in natural light vs lamp light, and countless amounts of paint stuck in my hair for days, we are finally getting down to the nitty gritty projects I can't wait to share!  Get ready LGD friends!





 xoxo!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment