Monday, September 29, 2014

|| L o c a l. I s. T h e. N e w. B l a c k || Blog Fete 2014

 
I love Mondays! Especially when I am starting the week on a high note after an amazing time at the wonderful Blog Fete 2014 that was held at the East End Market here in Central Florida.   Being new to blogging, this was a first (and not the last) experience for me.  I had the opportunity to meet 30 other inspiring bloggers and heard from a panel of successful women that have created businesses and blogs that they own with passion and dedication.
 
The wonderful, Melissa Creates, was the creator and host of the Blog Fete!  It was her third year creating this wonderful event and atmosphere of entrepreneurs coming together collectively.
Melissa knew exactly how to inspire us by welcoming these speakers to the Blog Fete 2014:
 
 
 
Sarah Hearts: Sarah is a person that I have gotten to know recently from attending her Meet and Makes at West Elm Orlando.  She is a graphic designer that uses her amazing talents to create her empire of a blog. The attention to detail in party planning, hosting events, decorating her home, and the endless amounts of fabulous DIY projects will have you coming back to her blog each and every day!  The added bonus?  Seeing Sarah around town and attending her events that makes you feel like you have always known her.
 
Ashley Brooke DesignsAshley Brooke has created a blog and a shop that caught my eye the second I moved to Orlando, FL.  The sparkles, freshly painted manicured nails, the adorable and laughable quotes on mugs and shirts, and the all around lifestyle blog has had me swooning since day one.   To see Ashley present in person was one of my many highlights of the day.  If you don't follow her. . you should!
 
The Flair Exchange: I can't get enough of The Flair Exchange!  I had the opportunity to meet Carmen at the Blog Fete before she presented.  What a sweet soul she is!  Her business was built on the principal that she could not find sparkly, unique, fun, and modern decorations for the events she hosted.  . . so she started creating her own décor.  Now we have confetti filled balloons, confetti to match, tassel garlands, and balloons that make you want to "POP, FIZZ, CLINK" to adorn your celebrations and parties.
 
Waiting on Martha: The Blog Fete educated me on even more technology after learning and chatting with Mandy of Waiting on Martha through Google Chat.  A first for me!  What an inspirational, quirky, and wine loving entrepreneur!  Sounds like we would be best of friends if we ever met in person. Mandy's blog covers a diverse group of topics such as: entertaining, décor, food, fashion, beauty, and travel.  She also has an adorable shop: Waiting on Martha Shop.  And get this. . . she just quit her full time job to entertain the likes of us! 
 
Kori Clark Designs: Kori is a wonderful artist that focuses her talents on hand and digital illustrations.  She has prints begging to be hung in your home! She offered amazing consultations with many of the bloggers on design during the Blog Fete.  I will be in touch with Kori soon to custom order an image of our newly bought home!


 What a day of inspiration, growing professionally and personally, and making new connections while meeting amazing people! Now, that is why my Monday is starting off wonderfully and because of a slight obsession.   I love Mondays because I make it a point to find and support local and small businesses every Monday.  The 2014 Blog Fete allowed me to discover amazing, sparkling, and down right fabulous businesses that you will also swoon over!  I left with the swag bag pictured below full of glamorous goodies!
 
 
In the coming weeks (on Mondays) I will be using these amazing products and posting more information!  In the mean time you can head on over to my IG account: @ElizabethRishel  to explore and become obsessed with these businesses like I have. They will have you liking in no time.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment